„ULTRASOUND-Application in REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA and PAIN MEDICINE“,
We concentrate on Regional Anaesthesia for the advanced and include MSK-Applications within PAIN!
To get an idea about the nature of this Workshop > see program:
INFORMATION continued In 2007, we pioneered in organizing the 1st International Cadaver Workshop “Ultrasound Application in REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA (RA)” using preserved but still flexible corpses as a teaching and training model. Participants were Anesthetists from over 20 different countries. It was held in the Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology at Innsbruck Medical University in cooperation with anaesthetists of the University Hospitals of Heidelberg and Bochum. Ever since, the Workshop was received with much interest and attention. Due to the overwhelming success of our teaching model, it was with the 4th International Workshop in 2010, that we were able to include PAIN MEDICINE Applications. Therefore, the 14th International Cadaver Workshop, INNSBRUCK 2022 will be open to colleagues with different but advanced levels of training and interest, respectively. We are going to teach small groups in the following categories: Application of US in RA ADVANCED, and Application of US in PAIN MEDICINE (including MSK!).
This WORKSHOP is UNIQUE because:
• All needling techniques and procedures are performed on specially EMBALMED, FLEXIBLE cadavers
• Participants can TARGET AT REAL STRUCTURES in a three dimensional training model repeatedly and optimize success (proper spread of LA)
• All excellent FACULTY are also EXPERIENCED teachers, especially in SCANNING that kind of preserved CADAVERS
• IDEAL STUDENT (max 32) – TEACHER (min 12) RATIO with PLENTY OF TIME for training with 2-max 3 people on one US System
• STUDENTS of our Department (one per table/cadaver) will additionally ASSIST in many ways, e.g. positioning of cadavers, demonstrating special specimens and cross sections.
• Absolute MINIMUM of THEORETICAL LECTURES (just instructions and information directly correlated to the teaching model)
• STEP BY STEP approach following a given Programm
• CONTINOUS SUPERVISION by Prof. MORIGGL, having the world’s greatest experience in scanning cadavers for RA and Pain as well as MSK applications
• UNFORGETTABLE EVENING on Friday, April 29 (no additional charge!)
• Last but not least: You come to INNSBRUCK, the “capital of the alps”
- prior to February 22, 2022 – full refund less ev. bank charges
- after February 22, 2022 – cancellation charge 50%
- after April 1, 2022 – no refund
In case of unexpected or unpredictable events we have the right to cancel the workshop. In this case the participation fee will be refunded.
For Hotel reservation
(book early as Innsbruck is always busy!) please contact directly:
Innsbruck-Information u. Reservierungs GmbH
Burggraben 3, 6020 Innsbruck
Tel. *43 (0)512 53 56 730
Innsbruck Medical University Innsbruck
Institute of Clinical and Functional Anatomy
We are looking forward to welcoming You in beautiful Innsbruck in April 2022
Univ.-Prof. Bernhard Moriggl, MD, FIACA
Co-Founder of the Special Interest Group (SIG) Ultrasound in Pain Medicine (USPM) within ASRA
Past Chair of Scientific Committee of the WAPMU
Inaugural CIPS-Examiner (WIP)