8th INTERNATIONAL CADAVER WORKSHOP
„ULTRASOUND-Application in REGIONAL Anaesthesia and PAIN MEDICINE“,
INNSBRUCK 2014, AUSTRIA
MARK Your CALENDAR
FRIDAY APRIL 11 and SATURDAY APRIL 12, 2014
This WORKSHOP is UNIQUE because:
• All needling techniques and procedures are performed on specially EMBALMED, FLEXIBLE cadavers
• Participants can TARGET AT REAL STRUCTURES in a three dimensional training model repeatedly and optimize success (proper spread of LA)
• All excellent FACULTY are also EXPERIENCED teachers, especially in SCANNING that kind of preserved CADAVERS
• IDEAL STUDENT(42) – TEACHER (12) RATIO with PLENTY OF TIME for training with 2-max 3 people on one US System
• STUDENTS of our Department (one per table/cadaver) will additionally ASSIST in many ways, e.g. positioning of cadavers, demonstrating special specimens and cross sections.
• Absolute MINIMUM of THEORETICAL LECTURES (just instructions and information directly correlated to the teaching model)
• STEP BY STEP approach following a GIVEN PROGRAMM
• CONTINOUS SUPERVISION by Prof. MORIGGL, having the world’s greatest experience in scanning cadavers for RA and Pain applications
• UNFORGETTABLE EVENING on Friday April 11 (no additional charge!)
• Last but not least: You come to INNSBRUCK, the “heart of the alps”
LOCATION: Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Innsbruck Medical University; Division of Clinical and Functional Anatomy; Muellerstrasse 59, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
In 2007, we pioneered in organizing the 1st International Cadaver Workshop “Ultrasound Application in REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA (RA)” using preserved but still flexible corpses as a teaching and training model. Participants were Anesthetists from over 20 different countries. It was held in the Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology at Innsbruck Medical University in cooperation with anaesthetists of the University Hospitals of Heidelberg and Bochum. Ever since, the Workshop was received with much interest and attention. Due to the overwhelming success of our teaching model, it was with the 4th International Workshop in 2010, that we were able to include PAIN MEDICINE Applications. Therefore, the 8th International Cadaver Workshop, INNSBRUCK 2014 will be open to colleagues with different levels of training and interest, respectively. We are going to teach small groups in the following categories: Application of Ultrasound (US) in RA BEGINNERS, Application of US in RA ADVANCED, and Application of US in PAIN MEDICINE.
An application has been made to the EACCME ® for CME accreditation of the course “8th International Cadaver Workshop Innsbruck 2014” to be held in Innsbruck, Austria on April 11-12, 2014. Credits are recognized by the AMA PRA (for conversion of credit contact the AMA).
We are looking forward to welcoming You in beautiful Innsbruck in April 2014
Univ.-Prof. Bernhard Moriggl, MD, FIACA
Education Director of the Special Interest Group (SIG) Ultrasound in Pain Medicine (USPM) of the ASRA
We thank the following Sponsors for their generous support :
- GE HEALTHCARE GmbH
- ESAOTE S.p.A.
- PAJUNK Medical Produkte GmbH
- BBraun Melsungen AG
- Danubia Med
- Philips Healthcare Systems
- Siemens AG Healthcare Sector