10th (Jubilee) INTERNATIONAL CADAVER WORKSHOP
„ULTRASOUND-Application in REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA and PAIN MEDICINE“,
INNSBRUCK 2016, AUSTRIA
Workshop is fully booked!
FRIDAY APRIL 22 and SATURDAY APRIL 23, 2016
The workshop will be similar to recently held 9th International Cadaver workshop INNSBRUCK 2015. To get an idea about the nature of this workshop see programm
This WORKSHOP is UNIQUE because:
• All needling techniques and procedures are performed on specially EMBALMED, FLEXIBLE cadavers
• Participants can TARGET AT REAL STRUCTURES in a three dimensional training model repeatedly and optimize success (proper spread of LA)
• All excellent FACULTY are also EXPERIENCED teachers, especially in SCANNING that kind of preserved CADAVERS
• IDEAL STUDENT(42) – TEACHER (12) RATIO with PLENTY OF TIME for training with 2-max 3 people on one US System
• STUDENTS of our Department (one per table/cadaver) will additionally ASSIST in many ways, e.g. positioning of cadavers, demonstrating special specimens and cross sections.
• Absolute MINIMUM of THEORETICAL LECTURES (just instructions and information directly correlated to the teaching model)
• STEP BY STEP approach following a given Programm
• CONTINOUS SUPERVISION by Prof. MORIGGL, having the world’s greatest experience in scanning cadavers for RA and Pain applications
• UNFORGETTABLE EVENING on Friday April 22 (no additional charge!)
• Last but not least: You come to INNSBRUCK, the “heart of the alps”
Innsbruck Medical University Innsbruck
Division of Clincal and Functional Anatomy
INFORMATION continued In 2007, we pioneered in organizing the 1st International Cadaver Workshop “Ultrasound Application in REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA (RA)” using preserved but still flexible corpses as a teaching and training model. Participants were Anesthetists from over 20 different countries. It was held in the Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology at Innsbruck Medical University in cooperation with anaesthetists of the University Hospitals of Heidelberg and Bochum. Ever since, the Workshop was received with much interest and attention. Due to the overwhelming success of our teaching model, it was with the 4th International Workshop in 2010, that we were able to include PAIN MEDICINE Applications. Therefore, the 10 th JUB ILEE International Cadaver Workshop, INNSBRUCK 2016 will be open to colleagues with different levels of training and interest, respectively. We are going to teach small groups in the following categories: Application of Ultrasound (US) in RA BEGINNERS, Application of US in RA ADVANCED, and Application of US in PAIN MEDICINE.
Accreditation The meeting was awarded 15 points of the diploma of the postgraduate medical education programme of the Austrian General Medical Council (DFP by ÖÄK) and also granted 9 European CME credits (ECMEC) by the European Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).Please note: EACCME credits are recognized by the American Medical Association towards the Physicians`s Recognition Award (PRA). To convert EACCME credit to AMA PRA cateogry 1 credit, contact the AMA.
We are looking forward to welcoming You in beautiful Innsbruck in April 2016
Univ.-Prof. Bernhard Moriggl, MD, FIACA
Education Director of the Special Interest Group (SIG) Ultrasound in Pain Medicine (USPM) of the ASRA
We thank the following Companies for their generous support: